At Murphy Stuart, we understand the importance of protecting your assets, particularly if you own a property that provides you with a source of income.
Whether you are a landlord leasing a property to tenants, or if you own an apartment block or commercial property, it is important to safeguard your building against either malicious or accidental damage. At Murphy Stuart, we cover all types of properties. We also insure unoccupied buildings.
There will be certain material damage areas that you will need to take into consideration if you own a property for commercial or income purposes, such as:
Damage occurring to buildings, machinery, fittings and stock, as a result of one or all of the following perils:
- Fire, lightening or explosion
- Storm or flood
- Subterranean fire
- Riot, civil commotion or malicious damage
- Water or fuel leak from tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Impact by vehicles or animals
- Theft or attempted theft following forcible or violent entry or exit to or from your premises
- Accidental damage
We provide a range of cover options to suit the nature of your property and your needs,
- Automatic cover for alterations, additions and improvements for a percentage of the sum insured on your property
- Reinstatement of the amount of any loss
- Removal of debris costs – the cost of removal of debris from the damaged property
- Trace and access – this covers the cost of establishing the source of water or fuel oil leakage from any tank, apparatus or pipe, and subsequent repairs arising directly from this, up to an agreed limit
- Locks and keys – covers the cost of replacing locks and keys up to a stated limit
- Metered utilities – covers charges incurred as a consequence of damage up to a stated maximum
- Public authorities – the additional costs incurred in the rebuilding or repair of the property, to a required local authority standard
- Temporary removal of deeds, documents and computer systems records
Give us a call today and a member of our experienced, friendly team will be happy to provide you with further information and discuss your options.
Don’t delay! Protect your investment today.